Dependent on experience
The Client Care Manager is a key role in leading our front of house team to deliver an outstanding experience to our clients and visitors to the Practice.
The role will require you to work closely with the Clinical Director, Practice Manager & Head Nurse. An essential aspect of this role is to lead by example and promote positive staff morale continuously.
- Minimum 2 years in client facing customer service role
- Drive to lead the client care team in providing the highest standard of client care at all times
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in handling customer complaints/queries
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft word, Excel and Office 365
- Fantastic organisational skills with the ability to work in a busy environment
- Ability to manage own work load and organise your team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills within the client care team
- Experience leading a team
- Previous experience in veterinary environment
Main Purpose & Goals
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic applicant to join our friendly and forward thinking team. The role requires a caring, confident and mature approach to all aspects of veterinary practice and client care.
The Client Care Manager role is vital to developing the client care team and maintaining a high standard of client care expected throughout Boundary Vets.
You will work closely with our Clinical Director, Practice Manager and Head Nurse on a variety of administration duties to deliver an outstanding experience for clients and visitors.
An essential aspect of this role is to maintain a positive and friendly attitude continuously.
- Define, develop, implement and communicate our client service standard, policies and procedures to ensure optimum service is given at all times
- Continually monitor and respond to client feedback, action any suggestions to improve our service
- Assist the reception team in creating a harmonious culture in line with our values and vision
- Demonstrate positive leadership by always leading by example to motivate and boost employee morale
- Perform regular performance reviews with your key reports and produce personal development plans to ensure all team members reach their potential and fulfil their goals
- Ensure new staff have regular reviews according to protocol. The aim being for them to become an integral part of the team as quickly as possible
- Manage client, charity and staff accounts
- Process all aspects of client insurance and be a point of contact for client queries
- Prepare the reception rota for the practice, including holiday cover
- Work alongside other senior team members for recruitment and interviews
- Identify and address staff training and development needs and arrange coaching where required
- Ensure all customer complaints are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and by the appropriate person.
- Execute good telephone techniques, keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with clients at all times
- Be a presence within reception, lead by example by engaging with clients and their pets
- Processing client appointment requests, payments and general enquiries
- Regularly meet with senior team members to discuss improvements to the customer journey
- Review and update protocols and procedures to adapt to the changing and improving practices
- 5 weeks annual leave per year in addition to bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Automatic registration onto the BVRA (British Veterinary Receptionist Association) with support to complete Bronze, Silver and Gold awards
- Weekly fruit delivery to practice
- Opportunity to improve and excel in veterinary client care with in-house and external training provided