At Boundary Vets we are proud to have been awarded the IFSM (International Society of Feline Medicine) Cat Friendly Clinic Award.
We recognise that cats are unique creatures with specific needs and it’s important to us to demonstrate our commitment to the animals you entrust into our care. Working with International Cat Care (iCC), we have looked at how we can make Boundary Vets the best it can possibly be for our feline patients.
Cat friendly clinic
To be accredited with the Silver Standard, staff and the whole practice have to meet certain criteria.
As a Silver Standard Cat Friendly Clinic, we are trained to handle cats in a manner that minimises stress, fear, and anxiety, as well as advising you on the best way to safely and comfortably transport your cat to Boundary vets.
Cat friendly vet
Our further cat friendly facilities include:
- A separate cat waiting area. There are raised areas on which to place your cat carrier which will be away from areas where other animals may be waiting. There is also a visual barrier to give the cats an extra sense of security
- The use of feline pheromone diffusers to help calm and reassure
- A quiet, well equipped consulting room suitable for cats to feel calm in
- A range of equipment such as blood pressure monitors and cat specific weighing scales to provide a high level of care to our feline patients
- A hospitalisation ward where there is a visual barrier between the cat and other species. We provide comfortable, soft bedding and cat igloos or perch and hide boxes to allow your cat privacy during their stay with us
Facilities for surgery, dentistry, lab testing, and diagnostic imaging are available to allow procedures to be performed to a high standard of care for feline patients
A detailed list of all criteria can be found on the International Cat Care website: www.icatcare.org/catfriendlyclinic
If you have any questions regarding the facilities and care we provide for your cats, please don’t hesitate to contact us.